We do indeed need to show joy as Catholics. My motto — “Be happily and uncomplicatedly Catholic.”
Michael J. Sheehan, Archbishop of Santa Fe
– A Muslim terrorist in northern Nigeria was the suicide bomber who attacked a Catholic Church in Bauchi at 9 AM, killing two and wounding 46. Because of the severity of the injured, the number of deaths is expected to increase.
(Lest we forget)
Let us purify ourselves through the martyrs, or rather, through him through whom they too were purified in blood and truth. St. Gregory Nazianzen (died 390)
Remember that during the Spanish Civil War in the last century, 10,000 Catholics were martyred by fellow Spaniards; two-thirds were priests and religious.
My Favorite Priest, Layperson, Breathing Saint or Organization
Tell me about your favorite Catholic priest, layperson or organization that is making a difference email@example.com)
– Love nourishes, industry develops, and ingenuity embellishes everything which nature generates or produces….. St. Peter Chrysologus (died 450 AD)
– Ultimately, only the true love of God, one’s self, and others, liberates the human being…..Thomas Joseph White, O.P.
– God is there in the greater, more profound challenges we face on our spiritual journey; the cultivation of patience, the nurturing of a joyful heart, the development of a more loving relationship with the world……Melanie Rigney
– Lord, help me hear the voice of my heart, and your voice in my heart.
– I am concerned during our Masses about the laconic lacuna of the value of Communion. This is the guts of it all.
Richard Steinhart, Cambridge, MA
– In your blog about a review of our religion, I thank God that there is no such thing as a “Catholic vote”. This would indicate a mandated conscious for all of us believers.
Louise Vogel, Baton Rouge, LA
(Silver City, Nevada)
Here lays The Kid.
We planted him raw.
He was quick on the trigger,
But slow on the draw.
Here lies Amos Thomson, an Atheist,
All dressed up, and
No place to go.
Sir John Strange
Here lies an honest lawyer
And that is Strange.
Under the sod and under the trees
Lies the body of Jonathan Pease.
He is not here, there’s only the pod.
Pease shelled out and went to God.